Join The Team
We Would Love you to Join the Team at Smartway Builders
On an ongoing basis we’re often looking for really great people at all levels
LBP Builders, Qualified / Experienced Carpenters, Hammer Hands, and 1st / 2nd / 3rd Year Apprentices
We Provide Quality Residential Building Services That New Zealand Property Owners Can Always Depend On
Our goal is to give New Zealand residential property owners access to quality, affordable advice, products and building services, provided by qualified, knowledgeable and experienced tradespeople and professionals who they can trust, depend on and be totally comfortable with; tradespeople and professionals who follow the rules and are committed to old fashioned values such as honesty, integrity, fairness, dependability, cleanliness, promptness and common courtesy, and who care about the results they produce and delivering what they promise.
To achieve our mission, we will only hire the best of the bunch. Our LBP’s, carpenters and apprentices have a drive to succeed and see a job finished while exceeding the expectations of our customers.
What Smartway Builders Can Do For You
Get some work / life balance back… work for us, have a life!
“I think the way you are very cautious about who you offer work to is beneficial to ensure both the employer and employees ethics, characteristics and values align.
I think that the way you go above and beyond to have more of an in-depth conversation about life at home, hobbies and interests to get to know the potential employee at a more personal level shows that you care more about the person, not just the job.
I think that putting mental health first, as your company does, sets you out amongst the rest as a company that really cares about the wellbeing of your employees.
To be honest there is nothing I could fault about your onboarding process and to me, that really stood out and made me gravitate to Smartway Builders.”
Tired of working nights and weekends to stay on top of the paperwork? Let us handle it all for you.
We take care of the paperwork, quotes and selling. Less stress for you and more time with family or friends.
Seem to be forever “On-Call”?
Get your weekends and evenings back.
Get to take your holidays
Work hard, have fun… and get more annual leave than the standard 4 weeks. We give all our permanent employees their birthday off on full pay.
Be part of a team where you are
Inspired, Appreciated, Confident, Encouraged, Connected, Supported.
We develop our people
You’ll participate in ongoing learning and education so you can develop, improve and stay up to date and you’ll be treated as a person, not a “disposable number”.
Well compensated with great hourly rates
You’ll be well compensated with great hourly rates, plus the potential of some incentives and bonuses and depending on the site location, we may provide a modern vehicle or petrol money as well.
You’ll be paid every Wednesday
in cleared funds, not when someone gets “around to it”.
You’ll get to deliver a quality end result
and never be asked to cover something up. NEVER!
You’ll participate in Fun Days as well as work days
Compensation will depend on
role, responsibilities, experience, skills, qualifications and overall contribution to the business.
You’ll work for a family-oriented business
with owners who actually give a damn about you and what you have to offer… and lots more as well.
Depending On The Level You Join At, We’d Really Like You To:
- Want to deliver a quality end result and be part of a growing team dedicated to “Being the Best” and who actually care about the quality of work, following the rules and taking care of our clients.
- Be physically healthy, strong and experienced in your area, have a good personality, produce quality workmanship, and have a desire to continue learning and have a sense of humour.
- Have leadership skills and potentially be able to own and manage client projects end-to-end, including managing all the relevant sub trades.
- Have experience successfully running a building crew for a site or sites, and delivering quality work on time and on budget.
- Own a range of tools, and a reliable modern cell phone, have up to date technology including email and internet access, and your own reliable vehicle. Or maybe we’ll supply some or all of these for you.
- Deliver a high standard of work, with pride taken in doing a good job within a reasonable timeframe.
- Have good industry knowledge in relation to building requirements and standards, safety rules etc.
- Be committed to, and ensure compliance with, all Health and Safety rules.
- Be honest, reliable, able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, and have a good ability to speak and understand English.
- Pride yourself on being on time and treating our clients with the respect they deserve. This includes being responsive to phone calls and emails.
- Have good presentation, communication, and client relationship-building skills as you will be representing our business in front of a range of clients.
- Be relaxed and easygoing, have a great personality and be comfortable meeting new people.
- Be able to complete simple paperwork, including keeping accurate timesheets or invoices by client and job, operating an order book and procuring various items from our suppliers.
- Have a clean criminal history, hold a current New Zealand driving license, plus New Zealand citizenship, permanent residency or work permit.
To be in the Running, Please Provide the Following via email:
- Full name, current residential address, daytime and a/hours phone numbers, date of birth and email address
- Details of experience, qualifications, and other relevant information including your experience level with technology (smartphones, email, text etc.)
- Tell us how you provide exceptional customer service and why you believe that working with us would be good for
everyone (good for you, for us, and for our clients)
- Two relevant recent references (written or contact details)
- Recent head and shoulders photo
- Availability details (i.e. when you can start)
If you would like to be part of a professional, productive, fun team and think you’ve got what it takes, complete the form below to Apply Now